8 WEEK COURSE
How To Succeed With Commercial Property By Re-purposing Commercial Buildings Using New Permitted Development Rights
Course starts with comprehensive online workshop
Sat 26th & Sun 27th Sep 2020
(While Covid-19 Gathering Restrictions Apply)
- The weekend workshop takes place over video conference and is run the same as a live in person event with plenty of opportunity to have your questions answered;
- A 300 page comprehensive course workbook sent out to you in advance;
- 8 Week implementation plan comprising fortnightly group coaching calls to support you through your first 8 weeks of finding and evaluating new commercial property opportunities;
- Online access to the workshop on video to watch again as a refresher;
- Hours of bonus video sessions and content;
- Online access to forms and templates;
- You will be invited to a one day 'update workshop' and exclusive networking event held in Central London. (As soon as Covid-19 restrictions allow).
What You Will Learn
- How recession changes the rules of the property investment game;
- How to be an early mover and get a head start identifying sites where new permitted development rules apply;
- What commercial property sites to focus your efforts on for maximum return;
- How to find, evaluate and negotiate commercial property deals from motivated sellers;
- The A to Z of finding commercial sites with easily implementable permitted development rights for converting commercial buildings to residential use;
- How to use creative deal structures to finance commercial deals with little of your own money;
- Which commercial tenants are 'recession proof' and what sort of property are they looking for;
- How to maximise the use of your pension (SSAS or SIPP) to invest in commercial property.
What Previous Students Have Had To Say...
What You Will Learn?
Why Commercial Property & Why Now
- How commercial property offers more to investors than residential property
- Where the growth areas will be over the next few years
- What property types to focus on and what to avoid
- How to devise the right commercial property investment strategy that’s right for you
- Mastering your wealth wheel and understanding how commercial property and pensions create long term wealth and family legacy
The New Permitted Development Rules
- Permitted development opportunities for retail, office and warehouse property INCLUDING ALL the new permitted development rights announced over Summer 2020.
- Understanding the new commercial property usage classes and new permitted development rights
How to quickly spot residential conversion opportunities
- How to determine where re-purposing a commercial property to alternative commercial use, will be a better option
- How to accurately assess GDV (Gross Development Value) and conversion costs
- Which permitted development rights opportunities to focus on to maximise returns in a recession
Retail Premises (former A1, A2 & A3 classes now Class E)
- Understand why high street stores are failing and where the opportunity is
- Five golden rules for finding great deals on the high street
- Five high street strategies which you can rinse and repeat
- Plenty of real life examples
Converting former D1 and D2 premises (now Class E)
- Commercial re-purposing and residential conversion of Clinics, health centres, crèches, day nurseries, day centre & Gyms
Office To Residential Conversion
- When to convert and when to keep as offices
- How to steer clear of offices which are not financially viable to convert
- tried and tested, little known 'loopholes' which enable you to maximise planning gain
- Converting retail to offices
Step-by-step Commercial Deal Sourcing System
Complete commercial property sourcing system fine tuned over the last 18 years!
- How to source off-market deals direct from the vendor
- How to source commercial property deals from Commercial Agents
- How to work with Finders to source commercial property deals
- Which websites to use and how best to use them to source deals
- How to use ‘Virtual Assistants’ to automate your deal sourcing process
- How to negotiate with vendors and agents & how to negotiate with motivated sellers
- How to win at commercial property auctions
Complete methodology for evaluating commercial deals:
- Empty commercial sites
- Tenant Occupied commercial sites
- Commercials sites with development potential
- Five step system to quickly assess the numbers on any commercial property deal
- How to leverage your existing buy-to-let portfolio to raise cheap finance
- How to raise commercial finance (and how this is different from raising buy-to-let loans)
- How to raise money from private investors and clever usage of bridging finance
Creative financing & Deal Structuring Techniques
- How to use Lease Options, Option agreements
- Delayed completion strategies
- Seller/vendor financing
- Setting up the right company structures to ‘tax optimise’ your commercial investments
How to Deploy Your Pension Funds In Commercial Property?
Tax efficient strategies for investing your pension fund and growing your pension pot
Finding Profitable Commercial Tenants
- How to attract blue-chip tenants to your vacant retail unit
- How to reference a commercial tenant
- What to look for in prospective tenants company accounts
- Which commercial tenants to avoid and why
- How to secure a commercial tenant BEFORE you buy the property
- How to find commercial tenants Post Covid-19 & how to provide your tenants an attractive offer without reducing rent
Capitalise On The Flexible Workspace Boom
- Which office buildings to buy and which to avoid
- How to attract the best tenants for your office
- What the office market wants and how to refurbish accordingly
- How to leverage your HMO skills by setting up a serviced office business (the workshop itself is held in our own serviced office building)
- How to convert other commercial buildings into serviced offices under permitted development
Essential Commercial Law
- What goes in a commercial lease
- Rent collection & Landlord rights
- Service Charges
- Rent review process
- Lease renewals
- Bringing a tenancy to an end (for non-payment or breach)
Commercial Property Tax
- VAT. How VAT can be a minefield and an opportunity
- Capital Allowances (How you can effectively get a corporation tax credit when you purchase a commercial building)
What You Will Get When You Enrol On The Weekend Workshop Plus Eight Weeks Coaching Support
This workshop will be held as an online video conference over the weekend of 26th and 27th Sep 2020.
There will be a special networking and workshop update event to be held in Central London (as soon as Covid-19 restrictions allow)
Dates & Availability
This weekend workshop is held just four times a year and September 26th&27th is the last for 2020. Therefore places are strictly limited.
Demand for these workshops will be high so you are encouraged to book early.
You will be given a 300 page course workbook. This contains all the slides, background materials, case studies, sample forms and templates.
There is no need to waste time taking frantic notes or photos of the screen!
(You will be sent this by post, in the week before the workshop. Workbooks are only sent to UK addresses. An online version is available to all participants)
Eight Weeks of Group Coaching & Support
The weekend workshop is all about learning the knowledge to succeed with commercial property. To keep you on track and help you implement the knowledge, Ranjan hosts a total of 4 group coaching video calls at fortnightly intervals over the 8 weeks following the course.
These are designed to answer your questions to help you with implementation and to keep you on the right track.
(Recordings will be made available should you miss a group coaching call)
Tried & Tested Templates
Ranjan's tried and tested templates including:
- Winning offer template
- Deal analysis checklist
- Commercial lease agreement
- Commercial license agreement
- Option agreement
- Joint Venture Loan agreement
- ... and more
Private Community Group
Membership of a private online community group where you will be able to network with other delegates over the eight weeks of group coaching and support.
Bonus Premium Online Content
You will be given your own username and password to our private members area where you will be able to access hours of bonus video content, deal case studies, guest webinars hosted by Ranjan's power team.
Deep Dive Power Team Webinars
Collection of 'deep dive' webinars with Ranjan's power team of commercial property professionals including, lawyers, accountants, surveyors etc. Subjects covered include
- Structuring joint venture agreements (Lawyer)
- Analysing auction legal packs (lawyer)
- Claiming capital allowances (Accountant)
- And much more...
12 Deep Dive Deal Analysis Sessions
Learn from 12 detailed case studies of different commercial conversion opportunities, how these projects were assessed, opportunities assessed and risks mitigated
What Past Attendees Say
“Exceptional knowledge for Property Investors moving forward. The best I have seen on the subject to date.”
“Ranjan made a complex and confusing subject as easy to understand for both new investors and seasoned veterans.”
“Great delivery, very informative. Excellent explanation of complex information.”
Over £1000 Of FREE Bonuses
For a limited period only, you will receive over £1000 of FREE bonuses with your booking.
Commercial Property Networking Conference
Your place at our one day commercial property networking conference which will take place in London, on Saturday, March 13th 2021 (or as soon as Covid restrictions allow.)
Value £497 FREE
You will receive access to the weekend workshop to watch again on video. The live workshop is undoubtedly and content packed intensive weekend, which you may wish to replay at your own pace by watching this professionally produced series of videos, recorded at a recent weekend workshop.
Value £297 FREE
Baker Street Video Vault
Ranjan is host of the Baker Street Property Meet, the UK's largest property networking event where 300 property investors meet and network each month. At each event Ranjan invites prominent property industry experts to present and share their expertise. The Baker Street Video vault is a collection of over ?? presentations from ?? leading property experts.
Value £297 FREE